Healthy Peanut Butter Maca Coco Cubes
- Texture: unique cross between a silky cheesecake and custard-like jelly.
- Flavor: rich and nutty peanut butter, deep and warm cacao, caramel-like earthy maca.
- Health benefits:
- adaptogenic and hormone-balancing from the maca (and coconut oil)
- energizing and mineral dense from real cacao
- gut healing, joint support, and muscle building protein from the Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin (totally flavorless!) - 15% off HERE
- healthy fats, B-vitamins, and stress-reducing compounds from high quality peanut butter (Once Again used here) - see my article/video on peanut butter here
- coconut oil offers brain-nourishing and easily metabolized fats (MCT) and anti-bacterial properties (lauric acid); Artisana is one of my trusted keepers
- easily make it keto, paleo, sugar-free
Makes: 16 cubes
Time 5-10 minutes
The following ingredients can be adjusted to suit your preferences. The recipe is very versatile and allows you to get as creative as you can imagine. Add any nut butter and various super-food powders. The key here is the gelatin powder.
- 2-3 Tb cococnut oil
- 3-4 Tb peanut butter
- 1-2+ Tb raw honey or maple (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup+ almond or coconut milk (or any)
- 2-3 Tb cacao powder
- 2 Tb maca powder
- 3-4 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- pinch of high quality sea salt (trusted keeper - Celtic)
- dash of vanilla extract
- handful dark chocolate chips (or shaved chocolate)
1. Melt first four ingredients on med-low heat until they just smoothly come together. Transfer to a blender.
2. With blender running on low, add the rest of ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
3. Pour into a square Tupperware-like dish. Drop/sprinkle the chocolate chips all over (they'll sink a bit).
4. Cover and chill in fridge for a few hours. When settled, cut into cubes.
*Tip: when you want a "hot chocolate in an instant, melt a couple of these cubes in a saucepan with dairy-free milk. Then blend it. And tell me about the thick FROTH!
*What's your favorite way to use gelatin powder?